Thursday, February 8, 2007

It's ON

Just got back from a fabulous trip to California...almost a whirlwind tour hitting Sacramento, Santa Rosa, Cool (yes, that's a town), and San Francisco. Tasted some great treats from a couple fabulous bakeries and visited very close friends and family. I even walked across the Golden Gate bridge for the first time,which was surprising because I hadn't done it before, even during all those years living in and around San Fran.

Walking across the bridge seemed important this trip for some reason, and I even woke up at the ungodly hour of 7:30am to do it. (since the bakery has been on haitus, I've normally been waking up at 10:00am so this early start was a bit out of par) Anyways, I needed to do what I said I was going to do, plus I needed to move the car at a certain time, so there I was in a very beautiful fog walking. I saw the city from a different angle. I thought about all those cars driving by, what were they doing, why were they going to the city? I wondered if they were following their dreams, like I was about to do.

I saw that there were only three chances to get help if you want to make the fatal jump. It seemed like there should be more, given that the first call station was pretty far down the bridge. So if you were going to end it on the GG Bridge, you were basically on your own. For my life, that meant it was pretty much how it would have to be for me. It's just the way my mind comes to conclusions.

To the point, I'm about ready to make the next step and open a retail shop for our wholesale dessert business, sugar. Probably the biggest and scariest step I've ever taken in my life, and after this trip, I've decided to take the plunge.

1 comment:

laladeedee said...

hi steph, that trip was fabulous start to a great february. thanks for celebrating my 40th with me and bringing me that fabulous carrot cake in the blue bucket. i'll never forget that trip either... IT'S ON!