Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sex is Still Free


My husband and I spent the greater part of yesterday adding up all the bills that were due tomorrow. Our credit cards are maxed out. The plumber decided to subtract another 800 bucks from the refund we desperately needed while we wait for the permit for the city. We got shorted on the loan. Our situation is a bit dire; luckily we still have food in the pantry. We've resorted to barley in the summertime, folks!

Thank the heavens for sex when you need a little relief from the stress of how you're going to pay bills and how you're going to survive for 4 weeks on the small change in the jar that is mostly pennies. When the medical bills are so out of control and nobody will give you a break, even our home mortgage company won't let us just defer ONE measly little payment. My husband is selling every little piece of audio equipment bless his heart. I've put most of my art books up for sale on Amazon.

We really need to open the shop so I can start baking again and bring some money in. But for now, I'm going to spend the evening baking bread and thanking my husband for the great partnership he's given me. We're saving the bottle of wine we got from Paris for a special occasion, but we can certainly enjoy a few other carnal pleasures that are thankfully still free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

also, here's a pic of the space all gutted up from the plumbing.

http://www.johnmccaig.com/index.php?showimage=346
http://www.johnmccaig.com/index.php?showimage=347

-john (the other 1/2)